My media consumption


Newspapers


  • Which daily newspapers (if any) do you read?
I read The Metro if i can get a hold of it. 
  • What sections of newspapers do you turn to first, and why?
The sections i would normally turn to would be the political 
News because i like to think i know whats happening politically around the world also i like to form opinions on it and or breaking new stories because i find them interesting. 
  • What sections do you never read, and why?
I don't like reading celebrity gossip because i think it's not cool to invade someone's private business for views and i find it to some extent toxic. 
  • What kinds of stories do you usually read and why?
I usually like reading stories about political change e.g brexit, climate change, law change etc. I also usually like to read the latest breaking news on anything that happened on that day. 
  • Do you, or someone else, buy the newspaper you read?
No. I usually read it if i can see one around i can pick up. 
  • Do you look at the online versions of any newspapers? Which newspapers? Why do you visit their website and not others
Yes,daily i read The New York Times because i downloaded the app and i feel the app contains everything i like to read up on. 


Magazines
  • What magazines (if any) do you buy regularly?  Why
I don't usually buy magazines because i don't really like reading into them because they don't constants of anything i like reading about. I do read Teen Vogue but i only buy it when its a actor or artist i like is on the front issue.

  • What sections of the magazines do you read and not read, and why?
 I read Teen vogue not daily but sometimes because it gives ideas of new trends and understanding from a young person's perspective ergo there 3 main navigation points are 'style,politics and culture'. 



Television
  • Approximately how many hours a week do you spend watching television?
I spend about 4/5 hours watching television.

  • What times of day do you usually watch television?
I watch television honestly everyday.It's a cult like ritual for me 


  • What programmes do you like best and why?
The programmes i usually like watching have elements of psychological thriller, drama, mystery or comedy.But on occasion i would watch horror but movies, examples of this would be Mindhunter which is a psychological drama based around two FBI agents going around interviewing serial killers and using their profiling skills to understand reasoning behind what they do and use it to their advantage to catch other killers.The Good Place is a philosophical series about a four characters entering the afterlife believing their in heaven when in fact its all just a ploy to torture them and manipulate them into thinking it is. another show which i really like is black mirror because its a really strange futuristic show which every time intrigues me with the wonders but dangers of technology. 

  • Do you watch alone or with others? If you watch with others, who decides what you will watch?

I usually watch alone but it the show or movie is family friendly i let my little sister watch with me but she usually picks the movie. Paw patrol is a great show once you get along with it.


  • Do you watch 'live' TV or on-demand/catch-up? Do you use any other devices to watch TV (such as laptop or tablet?)
I watch on-demand and catch up because it easier to access.



Radio
  • Do you listen to the radio?
Yes.
  • If yes, what stations do you like best and why?
When I forget my aux cord I'll probably listen to capital FM because it's a music station with popular songs.
  • Do you listen to podcasts?
Yes.
  • If yes, what podcasts have you listened to recently?
I have listened to 'Teenager Therapy' on Spotify which I've grown to really like but the two podcasts I love listening to and do regularly is 'Tiny meat gang' by my favourite YouTubers Cody and Noel (which is on Spotify). Also, criminal which is a great true crime podcasts.
  • Approximately how many hours a week do you spend listening to podcasts or radio?
1/2 hours
  • What times of the day do you usually listen to podcasts or radio?
Usually evenings or at like 4am when I can't sleep.

  • Where do you listen to podcast or radio?
Usually on Spotify or the radio in the car.
  • What other activities (if any) do you do whilst listening?
I just find a comfortable place and I don't do any activities whilst listening.

  • Does anyone else in your house listen to the radio or podcasts? If so, when do they listen?
No they do not.


Film


  • What films have you seen in the cinema in the last month?
In my last month I've seen Lion King, Good boys and Toy story 4.
  • What films have you seen in other places – for example, through Netflix, Amazon Prime, satellite/cable film channels (free or otherwise) or streaming?
Through Netflix, Amazon prime and other streaming film channels I've seen many films.
  • Who else watched the films with you?
No one I usually like going by myself.

  • Who decided what films to watch?
I do myself it mostly depends on my mood.

  • What devices do you typically use to watch films: TV, laptop, tablet, phone etc.?
Usually I'd watch on my laptop and phone.


Online
  • How often do you access the internet?
Literally all the time now that I have to research for school work.
  • Where do you access the internet?  At home, at college or school, or at work?
Usually at school for work and at home.
  • What are the main sites that you access?
The main sites would be educational sites and research documents.
  • What are the main reasons for accessing these sites – for example, for information, to make purchases, communicate with friends or for entertainment?
For information.
  • What other activities (if any) do you do whilst accessing the internet?
I would occasionally do online shopping.
  • What different devices do you use to access the internet? What is your primary device for accessing the internet?
My primary device would be my laptop.
  • What social networks do you use regularly (e.g. Twitter, Instagram)? Why do you belong to these networks in particular?
I use Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter because it let's me access my friends and family more efficiently also it helps me gather ideas.

Reflection

  • How can you develop the amount and variety of media you consume?
I could tap into various media sites and get out my comfort zone of using same variety of media become broader with my information.
  • What will you change in your media consumption habits this year as a result of studying A Level Media?
I will try to question and understand other forms of media and they influence out today.
  • List three sources of media (websites/newspapers/apps/TV programmes etc.) that you will start to access this year that you haven't engaged with previously.
I will try to engage more with newspaper which are left wing or right winged biased. Another source would be TV programmes which are popular in different country's to understand their form of media and TV language. Another one would be radio because i would like understand how they target people and bulid a following and how they impact us.

Comments

Popular Posts